One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for pumping grease under pressure to a particular point.
- ‘The next day the plaintiff and his brother were with the equipment outside the garage in the sunlight while the defendant went to borrow a grease gun.’
- ‘I found him, as suspected, underneath the tractor, a grease gun in hand.’
- ‘When grease gun pressure increases against the seal, the bearing is full.’
- ‘I built this holder for the grease gun and one extra tube with a tip holster on the side.’
- ‘In one case, we were spending a lot replacing tools that had been carelessly lost or damaged - grease guns left on wheels and other standard stuff.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.