One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area in which the main industry is farming sheep or cattle.‘they farmed in the fine grazing districts of the south-east’
- ‘It forces the bureau to first declare that lands within grazing districts are no longer "chiefly valuable for grazing" before allowing a permit to be retired.’
- ‘The federal grazing district in Vegas was established in 1936, and the Bureau of Land Management was established in 1946.’
- ‘They formed associations that manned line camps, where the "line" was the property line between customary grazing districts.’
- ‘He conveyed the impression that the new grazing districts somehow conferred range rights.’
- ‘It is the only newspaper in the rich farming and grazing district in the northwest of New South Wales.’
- ‘The legislation of 1934 eventually established grazing districts and a permit system on about 165 million acres of federal land.’
- ‘The act was supposed to conserve the rangelands by establishing grazing districts, but the districts were put under control of boards dominated by landed stockmen.’
- ‘There was a prime grazing district in the Cape of Good Hope which he was offering to lease to the highest bidder.’
- ‘Cooperative grazing districts should be assisted to prevent the overstocking of their lands.’
- ‘In the fine farming and grazing districts of the continent's south-eastern corner, the climate was relatively favourable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.