One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A supply system making use of gravity to maintain the flow of material.
- ‘During imaging, the solution in contact with the sample was constantly exchanged using a home-built gravity feed system so that the sample would not cause dramatic changes to the solution chemistry.’
- ‘Seepage of groundwater into the shaft from the shaft penetrations is currently collected by a system of gravity feed lines into sumps and tanks at mine level and subsequently pumped to the ground surface for disposal.’
- ‘We use a gravity feed system that has its ups and downs, leaks and spills.’
- ‘Fluid can be supplied to the applicator by pump, pressure tank, or gravity feed.’
- ‘The house had to be lifted to accommodate a gravity feed for a sewer hookup from the basement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.