One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hypothetical quantum of gravitational energy, regarded as a particle.
- ‘But the black hole will eventually evaporate, leaving only photons, gravitons and other elementary particles as products of the decay.’
- ‘Both represent the quantized field of a fundamental force: photons the electromagnetic field and gravitons the gravitational field.’
- ‘These waves are literally gravitons - the hypothetical particles that carry the gravitational force - that have been stretched to macroscopic lengths by the cosmic expansion.’
- ‘They claim some of these waves are gravitons, the quantum mechanical particles that mediate gravity.’
- ‘By comparing the fundamental properties of these bosons, it is clear that photons and gravitons are different, although they do share some of the same properties.’
1940s: from gravitation + -on.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.