One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The region of space surrounding a body in which another body experiences a force of gravitational attraction.
- ‘The electric, magnetic, and gravitational fields provided the classical examples.’
- ‘Also, he included only the electromagnetic and gravitational fields, omitting all the other forces of nature, such as the strong and weak interactions.’
- ‘He produced the first gauge theory in which the Maxwell electromagnetic field and the gravitational field appear as geometrical properties of space-time.’
- ‘Both represent the quantized field of a fundamental force: photons the electromagnetic field and gravitons the gravitational field.’
- ‘This allowed him to begin seeing that he could recover Newton's equations when gravitational fields were weak.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.