One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But the graveness of his tone was what set her aback.’
- ‘The attempt on his life is a very real indication of the graveness of his situation and his justifiable fears of returning to his country of origin.’
- ‘‘Now young man,’ he began anxiously and continued on in graveness, ‘if you release Dawn right now, then we promise we won't press charges.’
- ‘A National Statistical Office report testifies to the graveness of the situation.’
- ‘She couldn't understand his graveness about the whole thing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.