One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘You look so well, they all cooed, gratifyingly unaware of just how dog-rough I was feeling on the inside.’
- ‘This year's harvest has been gratifyingly rich.’
- ‘And, gratifyingly for the school, staff were missed too.’
- ‘Prices for this part of town are gratifyingly affordable, too.’
- ‘But, as Thomas gratifyingly points out, newspapers are too dependent on revenue from movie-industry advertising to publish too many honest considerations of film.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.