One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With appreciation for something done or received.‘your financial support is gratefully acknowledged’‘they smiled gratefully at her understanding’
- ‘A generation ago, individuals gratefully accepted whatever information they were given.’
- ‘They nodded gratefully, picking up their bags.’
- ‘She gratefully remembers her first dance teacher.’
- ‘We gratefully acknowledge the sponsorship of the American Association for Artificial Intelligence, which has contributed to this very successful event.’
- ‘Anything you can give will be gratefully received.’
- ‘It is in your name that I humbly and gratefully accept this award.’
- ‘The useful comments of a referee and the editor are also gratefully acknowledged.’
- ‘Mary passed her a steaming cup of coffee, which Lizzy accepted gratefully.’
- ‘Any help or answers to any of the questions would be gratefully appreciated.’
- ‘I sighed gratefully and headed backstage to get a cold water bottle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.