One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With appreciation for something done or received.‘your financial support is gratefully acknowledged’‘they smiled gratefully at her understanding’
- ‘The useful comments of a referee and the editor are also gratefully acknowledged.’
- ‘It is in your name that I humbly and gratefully accept this award.’
- ‘She gratefully remembers her first dance teacher.’
- ‘Anything you can give will be gratefully received.’
- ‘They nodded gratefully, picking up their bags.’
- ‘Any help or answers to any of the questions would be gratefully appreciated.’
- ‘I sighed gratefully and headed backstage to get a cold water bottle.’
- ‘A generation ago, individuals gratefully accepted whatever information they were given.’
- ‘Mary passed her a steaming cup of coffee, which Lizzy accepted gratefully.’
- ‘We gratefully acknowledge the sponsorship of the American Association for Artificial Intelligence, which has contributed to this very successful event.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.