One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounSouth African
Uncultivated land on which the dominant vegetation type is indigenous grass.
- ‘Within the moist tall grassveld rainfall is about 1 000 mm a year or more.’
- ‘The wide open grassveld is the ideal place to see larks and pipits.’
- ‘Dung beetle sampling was done in four different localities within two different habitat types, a grassveld area and a bushveld (savanna) area.’
- ‘The terrain consists mainly of gently undulating sour grassveld with some hilly terrain, rocky outcrops and sheer cliffs.’
- ‘The Cape Hare prefers to live in dry, open grassveld.’
Partly translating Afrikaans grasveld ‘prairie’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.