One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Much to my surprise, I saw tufts of bright green grass-like plants here and there emerging from the cold soil.’
- ‘This plant has yellowish green, grass-like leaves, and its fertile stems may reach three feet or more in height and produce many yellow flowers.’
- ‘It produces rich green leaves, arching and grass-like and very graceful in appearance.’
- ‘Their root-like structures, which are buried just beneath the sandy bottom, can sprout new grass-like leaves.’
- ‘It has single blooms in shades like sparkling white, yellow or pink, rising over the shining grass-like leaves not more than 10 cm to 15 cm high.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.