One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I was ten when we moved to the new house, built from scratch and stark in a grassless yard.’
- ‘The wind cut sharp over the cracked, coarse and grassless landscape without mercy.’
- ‘The other half shows a flat and grassless prairie, gnawed clean by a recent plague of grasshoppers.’
- ‘At present it is just a grassless mound of earth that is no use to anybody.’
- ‘Their tents, each holding around 20 men sleeping in cots, are pitched on a grassless field which has been turned to mud by rainstorms this week.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.