One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of a pair of devices resembling caterpillar tracks, worn on the feet for going down grass-covered slopes as if on skis.
- ‘I was there in the summer and there were some downhill skiers training on grass skis so I asked if I could have a go.’
- ‘They also ran a grass ski club, managed a Club in Lesotho and both instructed for the Red Devil ski school in Austria.’
- ‘The problem with grass skis is having access to a reliable supply of spare parts, and this brand ceased production some time ago.’
- ‘However, grass skis are designed to function on grass, not on snow.’
- ‘However, the family were keen snow skiers and thought that grass skis may work well on this steep section of the farm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.