One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disease of horses which affects the workings of the bowel and is usually fatal.
- ‘First identified in 1907 in Scotland and still the cause of 200 or more horse deaths a year in Europe, grass sickness could be caused by a fungal toxin that to date has eluded investigators.’
- ‘Those colts and fillies will be the only offspring of the multiple Group 1 winner, who died last spring at age six after contracting grass sickness.’
- ‘A broken hind leg ended his racing career and he was sent to stud but tragically died of grass sickness in 2001.’
- ‘Unfortunately this mare, although she gave birth to a fine healthy foal, became ill with grass sickness and was unable to feed her foal.’
- ‘Tragically, Dubai Destination had only one season as a stallion at stud before fatally contracting grass sickness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.