One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disease of horses which affects the workings of the bowel and is usually fatal.
- ‘Unfortunately this mare, although she gave birth to a fine healthy foal, became ill with grass sickness and was unable to feed her foal.’
- ‘Those colts and fillies will be the only offspring of the multiple Group 1 winner, who died last spring at age six after contracting grass sickness.’
- ‘Tragically, Dubai Destination had only one season as a stallion at stud before fatally contracting grass sickness.’
- ‘First identified in 1907 in Scotland and still the cause of 200 or more horse deaths a year in Europe, grass sickness could be caused by a fungal toxin that to date has eluded investigators.’
- ‘A broken hind leg ended his racing career and he was sent to stud but tragically died of grass sickness in 2001.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.