One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The seeds from which grass develops.‘this is probably your last chance to sow grass seed’count noun ‘planting grass seeds is both economical and easy’
- ‘However, stores of native grass seed are limited.’
- ‘Still, the society's report noted that bentgrass could be considered a weed by farms that are trying to grow other grass seeds.’
- ‘The weather has been good to get the grass seed germinating.’
- ‘You'll have to spray all the grass in the area, then reseed with good quality grass seed.’
- ‘Select a grass seed mixture that is specially prepared for the type of location you are reseeding.’
- ‘A new playing area has been sown with grass seed and fenced off.’
- ‘Some grass seeds have small barbs or hooks which make removal difficult.’
- ‘A fast-growing grass seed mixed with heather seeds will be spread over the site.’
- ‘There are many varieties and types of grass seed from which to choose.’
- ‘Scientists announced that they had developed GM grass seeds altered to remove common allergens that cause hay fever.’
- ‘Go to the local nursery and get grass seed to fill these patches.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.