One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tennis court with a surface of grass.‘the grounds include a hard tennis court and a grass court’
- ‘I'm really looking forward to the grass court season.’
- ‘The final was his 29th consecutive win on a grass court, a record stretching back to 2002.’
- ‘The grass court is his preferred stage and he would love to win the best prize of all on it.’
- ‘Thirteen times this year he has stepped out on to a grass court and 13 times he has won.’
- ‘He knows his way around a grass court but he can be infuriatingly inconsistent.’
- ‘His game is not typically suited to a grass court—the serve is not menacing and he plays from the back of the court.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.