One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tennis court with a surface of grass.‘the grounds include a hard tennis court and a grass court’
- ‘His game is not typically suited to a grass court—the serve is not menacing and he plays from the back of the court.’
- ‘I'm really looking forward to the grass court season.’
- ‘Thirteen times this year he has stepped out on to a grass court and 13 times he has won.’
- ‘The grass court is his preferred stage and he would love to win the best prize of all on it.’
- ‘He knows his way around a grass court but he can be infuriatingly inconsistent.’
- ‘The final was his 29th consecutive win on a grass court, a record stretching back to 2002.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.