One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For another thing, it robs you of the kind of moral focus that makes for more unambiguous, and thus easily graspable, art.’
- ‘The assumption is that things graspable by intellect alone belong to a realm above the material, corporeal world and hence are timeless.’
- ‘Crime is measurable and graspable: You put your statistics up on big video screens each day and see exactly what is happening, everywhere.’
- ‘Just as a nuclear physicist can say words that have no meaning to me, an actor can use the words ‘rhythm’ or ‘intention’, and mean something very specific that is not easily graspable by those who haven't studied it.’
- ‘What we need is obvious, graspable and deliverable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.