One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Convert or be converted into graphite.with object ‘the white iron is not only graphitized, but the carbon is also largely removed’no object ‘diamond at room temperature shows no tendency to graphitize’
- ‘Chromium is primarily added to offset the graphitizing effects of nickel and silicon in types A, B, and C alloys, ranges from 1.4 to 3.5%. Chromium content must be increased with increasing section size.’
- ‘Chromium is included in these alloys, at levels from 1.4 to 4% to ensure that the irons will solidify with carbides to counteract the graphitizing effect of nickel.’
- ‘However, the local occurrence of poorly graphitized carbonaceous material in amphibolite-facies rocks supports the idea that graphitization is not simply due to increasing temperature and pressure.’
- ‘A normal graphitizing anneal in the austenitic temperature range is recommended where undesirable amounts of carbide are present.’
- ‘These treatments are ferritizing annealing, medium annealing, and graphitizing annealing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.