Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Convert or be converted into graphite.[with object] ‘the white iron is not only graphitized, but the carbon is also largely removed’[no object] ‘diamond at room temperature shows no tendency to graphitize’
- ‘These treatments are ferritizing annealing, medium annealing, and graphitizing annealing.’
- ‘Chromium is primarily added to offset the graphitizing effects of nickel and silicon in types A, B, and C alloys, ranges from 1.4 to 3.5%. Chromium content must be increased with increasing section size.’
- ‘A normal graphitizing anneal in the austenitic temperature range is recommended where undesirable amounts of carbide are present.’
- ‘However, the local occurrence of poorly graphitized carbonaceous material in amphibolite-facies rocks supports the idea that graphitization is not simply due to increasing temperature and pressure.’
- ‘Chromium is included in these alloys, at levels from 1.4 to 4% to ensure that the irons will solidify with carbides to counteract the graphitizing effect of nickel.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.