Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A printed circuit board that controls the output to a display screen.
- ‘The installer ran through its paces, picked up my graphics card, monitor, printer and webcam… but no network.’
- ‘The best ones to update at first are the drivers for your graphics card and sound card.’
- ‘If you have an older graphics card that lacks dual outputs you may still be able to enjoy a dual-monitor setup.’
- ‘If a part of the screen needs updating, the application simply draws over the top of it and outputs that new image to the graphics card for display on the screen.’
- ‘Additionally, we can off-load a lot of the work from the CPU onto the graphics card hardware.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.