One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ability to understand and use a map or graph.
- ‘To understand the complexities of graphical displays, students need a sound understanding of graphicacy and support from the textbooks available to them to develop that understanding.’
- ‘Just as literacy is a right for all, so too is graphicacy. Literacy and graphicacy should be linked.’
- ‘As more managers become sensitized to graphicacy issues such as this, we can expect a decrease in advocacy graphics and an increase in the number of decisions made dispassionately, based on a full understanding of the reality in the data.’
- ‘Children of today inhabit a multi-dimensional world and in order to communicate effectively in it they need the ability to utilise four forms of communication namely, oracy, literacy, numeracy and graphicacy.’
- ‘The tools of graphicacy are maps, diagrams, photographs, and other spatial documents.’
1960s: from graphic, on the pattern of literacy and numeracy.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.