Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An evergreen climbing plant of the vine family which is grown as a houseplant.
- ‘The first and most common type was Cissus rhombifolia known as "grape ivy" since the foliage resembles grape leaves and it climbs with the aid of tendrils.’
- ‘Place your "Grape Ivy" in bright filtered light. Direct sunshine will burn the foliage of this plant.’
- ‘Grape Ivy is a wonderful trailing plant that we frequently use as a stand alone plant on table or cabinet tops.’
- ‘He analyzed the DNA of one species within the F. graminearum family tree that was isolated from diseased tissue of a tropical ornamental called grape ivy or oakleaf ivy.’
- ‘I'm very conscious when I purchase grape ivy to inspect the plant carefully for any signs of mildew.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.