One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fine-grained granular metamorphic rock in which the main component minerals are typically feldspars and quartz.as modifier ‘the granulite facies’
- ‘The granulite to eclogite transformation may not occur if water is absent; for example, if ocean crust has been dehydrated as happens when a slab subducts.’
- ‘These rocks display clear prograde metamorphism that peaks in granulite facies.’
- ‘This granulite consists of garnet, biotite, muscovite, quartz, plagioclase and cordierite.’
- ‘Two types of terrain are especially characteristic of Archaean geology: greenstone - granite terrains and granulite - gneiss terrains.’
- ‘This indicates that the sapphirine granulite could be a different variety of pelitic granulites.’
Mid 19th century: from granule + -ite.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.