One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person or institution that makes a grant or conveyance.
- ‘Despite efforts to the contrary on the part of some grantors, the most striking side effect of foreign grants is divisiveness.’
- ‘For many years, credit grantors and insurance firms have used consumer credit reports to evaluate the repayment risk of individual applicants for loans and insurance.’
- ‘Again, it is essential to consider who, if a grant is to be presumed, are to be the supposed grantors and grantees.’
- ‘Though the grantors of ground rent and a mortgage might be different people, often it was the same person hoping to encourage property development.’
- ‘The grantee sued the grantor upon his covenant to maintain the road.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.