One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person or institution that makes a grant or conveyance.
- ‘Again, it is essential to consider who, if a grant is to be presumed, are to be the supposed grantors and grantees.’
- ‘Though the grantors of ground rent and a mortgage might be different people, often it was the same person hoping to encourage property development.’
- ‘Despite efforts to the contrary on the part of some grantors, the most striking side effect of foreign grants is divisiveness.’
- ‘The grantee sued the grantor upon his covenant to maintain the road.’
- ‘For many years, credit grantors and insurance firms have used consumer credit reports to evaluate the repayment risk of individual applicants for loans and insurance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.