One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A priest who acts as custodian of the Guru Granth Sahib, the sacred scripture of the Sikhs.
- ‘The parents discuss it with their friends and the name they decide, is announced by the Granthi Sahib.’
- ‘The following morning, the Granthi wakes up the Guru, carrying the scriptures back to the throne.’
- ‘A Granthi is expected to be an initiated member of the Sikh Khalsa who lives a life that exemplifies the ideals of the Khalsa.’
- ‘We furthermore call for equal opportunities to women in appointments of Granthis and Panth leaders.’
- ‘The Granthis usually also perform the Ardas, or final group prayer, although any baptized person can perform it during the services.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.