One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person to whom a grant or conveyance is made.
successor, heiress, next in line, inheritor, heir apparent, heir presumptive, heir-at-law, descendant, beneficiary, legatee, scionView synonyms
- ‘In particular, there must be an intention to create legal relations and there must be consideration moving from the grantee to the grantor.’
- ‘It is the grantor of the licence I am interested in, not the grantee.’
- ‘There is, however, rather more of a public interest in whether the grantee of a patent, which turns out to be invalid, is entitled to enforce that patent.’
- ‘The grantee sued the grantor upon his covenant to maintain the road.’
- ‘Again, it is essential to consider who, if a grant is to be presumed, are to be the supposed grantors and grantees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.