One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person to whom a grant or conveyance is made.
successor, heiress, next in line, inheritor, heir apparent, heir presumptive, heir-at-law, descendant, beneficiary, legatee, scionView synonyms
- ‘It is the grantor of the licence I am interested in, not the grantee.’
- ‘The grantee sued the grantor upon his covenant to maintain the road.’
- ‘Again, it is essential to consider who, if a grant is to be presumed, are to be the supposed grantors and grantees.’
- ‘There is, however, rather more of a public interest in whether the grantee of a patent, which turns out to be invalid, is entitled to enforce that patent.’
- ‘In particular, there must be an intention to create legal relations and there must be consideration moving from the grantee to the grantor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.