One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[with object]usually as adjective granitized
Give (rock) a granitic character.‘it was partially granitized by the surrounding magma’
- ‘Partly granitized formations also occur in Terego County, which include porphyroblastic gneisses and quartz diorite.’
- ‘High-grade metamorphic rocks, often intensely folded and granitised, form the tectonic shield areas of the continent.’
- ‘Rocks are deformed, granitised and high grade metamorphosed.’
- ‘They are primarily quartzite, granite, and granitized schists.’
- ‘The product may vary from a homogeneous rock produced by soaking to a coarsely mixed rock easily separable into relic and granitic or granitised portions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.