One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[WITH OBJECT]usually as adjective granitized
Give (rock) a granitic character.‘it was partially granitized by the surrounding magma’
- ‘Rocks are deformed, granitised and high grade metamorphosed.’
- ‘The product may vary from a homogeneous rock produced by soaking to a coarsely mixed rock easily separable into relic and granitic or granitised portions.’
- ‘High-grade metamorphic rocks, often intensely folded and granitised, form the tectonic shield areas of the continent.’
- ‘They are primarily quartzite, granite, and granitized schists.’
- ‘Partly granitized formations also occur in Terego County, which include porphyroblastic gneisses and quartz diorite.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.