One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for grandfather
- ‘Garnett is going to feel like a grandpappy if hordes of high-schoolers continue to bust past college and into the league.’
- ‘Did I tell you grandpappy was an oil millionaire?’
- ‘Long since taken to America's heart, grandpappy George is the ferocious knockout specialist turned preacher who became the oldest man to win the world heavyweight title when he knocked out Michael Moorer in 1995.’
- ‘Well, I know something: my grandpappy back in Ohio, who built golf courses, never told me about that one, and he taught me about everything in his time.’
- ‘Stories beginning ‘My grandpappy came to London from Jamaica in 1948 and found it so cold’ have grown common since West Indian immigration began to be celebrated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.