One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- archaic form of grandma
- ‘My grandmamma gave me a beautiful midnight blue sash.’
- ‘Lori didn't mind, she had gotten used to it after a while besides her grandmamma often told her many interesting stories of when Steve, Lori's father, was young, most of them embarrassing.’
- ‘She and her mama, his grandmama have been at his bedside every day, all day for over seven months.’
- ‘I walked a little closer to the graveside and blew a final kiss at my grandmama.’
- ‘Ruth tells him that they have no money and that he should not ask his grandmamma for it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.