One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- archaic form of grandma
- ‘Lori didn't mind, she had gotten used to it after a while besides her grandmamma often told her many interesting stories of when Steve, Lori's father, was young, most of them embarrassing.’
- ‘Ruth tells him that they have no money and that he should not ask his grandmamma for it.’
- ‘My grandmamma gave me a beautiful midnight blue sash.’
- ‘She and her mama, his grandmama have been at his bedside every day, all day for over seven months.’
- ‘I walked a little closer to the graveside and blew a final kiss at my grandmama.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.