One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There is no playing to the gallery, no verbal gymnastics, certainly no grandiloquence.’
- ‘His writing, however, has been criticised by some for grandiloquence and obscurantism.’
- ‘Now that I've said that, allow me to apologize for the grandiloquence and pomposity of that preceding paragraph.’
- ‘And what I find in her work is a lot of Italian baroque kind of gestures and grandiloquence.’
- ‘Nevertheless, he has his moments of loopy grandiloquence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.