One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A car designed for comfortable long-distance touring.
- ‘They are grand tourers, long-distance muscle cars.’
- ‘Just put the six speed manual gearbox in sixth gear, and it becomes almost a relaxing grand tourer.’
- ‘This, remember, is a sports car through and through, not a sporting grand tourer.’
- ‘I expected it to feel more sporting, but it felt more like a grand tourer.’
- ‘It felt like an old-fashioned grand tourer rather than a sports car: it nips round corners neatly, but feels smooth enough to drive to the south of France in.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.