One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A jury, normally of twenty-three jurors, selected to examine the validity of an accusation prior to trial.
- ‘He was indicted by a federal grand jury on illegal gun possession charges.’
- ‘A federal judge officially convenes both types of grand juries, though a prosecutor (someone from a U.S. Attorney's office) actually conducts the proceedings.’
- ‘There was talk of empaneling a grand jury to go over some of that evidence.’
- ‘After he turned down the plea bargain, a grand jury indicted Webb on fourth degree criminal contempt.’
- ‘Four grand juries examined the case without returning an indictment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.