One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The last and most exciting or impressive part of a performance or entertainment.‘the concert closed with a grand finale’‘the result will not be revealed until the TV show's grand finale in June’
- ‘And as grand finales go, the closing performance of "Rock 'n' Roll Suicide" brings down not just the house, but surrounding boroughs as well.’
- ‘The grand finale is a rooftop fight scene between the two primary male leads and one of them falls off.’
- ‘The eagerly awaited Central Saint Martins MA show provided a grand finale to London Fashion Week.’
- ‘The program came as the grand finale for the third anniversary celebrations of the temple.’
- ‘The World Poker Tour will reach its exciting conclusion with the season's grand finale, The World Poker Tour Championship.’
- ‘The Grand Finale will be the Big Parade which will start on Sunday with a variety of floats.’
- ‘The first year of the Tour will culminate with a grand finale to be held at the Bellagio in Las Vegas.’
- ‘The entire cast joined in the grand finale, with the chorus line dancing as back-up for the featured acts.’
- ‘Their grand finales invariably bring audiences to their feet, applauding and shouting.’
- ‘A grand finale student performance wraps up the summer season.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.