One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The last and most exciting or impressive part of a performance or entertainment.‘the concert closed with a grand finale’‘the result will not be revealed until the TV show's grand finale in June’
- ‘A grand finale student performance wraps up the summer season.’
- ‘The grand finale is a rooftop fight scene between the two primary male leads and one of them falls off.’
- ‘The eagerly awaited Central Saint Martins MA show provided a grand finale to London Fashion Week.’
- ‘The World Poker Tour will reach its exciting conclusion with the season's grand finale, The World Poker Tour Championship.’
- ‘And as grand finales go, the closing performance of "Rock 'n' Roll Suicide" brings down not just the house, but surrounding boroughs as well.’
- ‘The Grand Finale will be the Big Parade which will start on Sunday with a variety of floats.’
- ‘The entire cast joined in the grand finale, with the chorus line dancing as back-up for the featured acts.’
- ‘The first year of the Tour will culminate with a grand finale to be held at the Bellagio in Las Vegas.’
- ‘Their grand finales invariably bring audiences to their feet, applauding and shouting.’
- ‘The program came as the grand finale for the third anniversary celebrations of the temple.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.