One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long-distance road cycling event in which a large number of participants ride a marked route.‘the two-day event features a gran fondo where participants can choose from 40- or 90-mile rides’
- ‘Northern Ireland will also bid for the Gran Fondo again, starting in 2015 for three years, meaning every year in June we would host a two-day Giro event.’
- ‘The Gran Fondo includes 30-, 75- and 95-mile rides, all departing Palo Alto City Hall at 8 a.m. Sunday.’
- ‘The gran fondo—Italian for big ride—has slowly but steadily caught on in the United States.’
- ‘Gran Fondos are the new obsession of American riders, with thousands of participants pouring from all over the States to elite cycling destinations.’
- ‘The 3 Peaks Challenge is, arguably, Australia's most demanding one-day gran fondo.’
- ‘A lot of gran fondos focus on quantity: The more riders the better.’
- ‘A Gran Fondo invites cyclists of all ages and levels to participate in a challenging ride, with an expo and Italian-themed pasta party adding to the festival atmosphere.’
- ‘The event was to be a Gran Fondo (classic long-distance Italian race) and the location Emilia Romagna.’
- ‘Ride times begin at 8 a.m. for the Gran Fondo, 9 a.m. for the 50-miler, 10 a.m. for the 25-miler and 11 a.m. for the 10-milers.’
- ‘The third-annual OC Gran Fondo on Sept. 29 attracted 906 riders for the four routes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.