One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person's grandmother.‘this recipe came from my grammy’
grandma, grannyView synonyms
- ‘I asked her if she still visited her grammy.’
- ‘She didn't really know her grammy at all.’
- ‘We would always have aunts, uncles, grammies, and cousins over to our house on Christmas Eve for a huge dinner.’
- ‘Maybe things would look up for her once her grammy's estate was settled.’
- ‘I was hesitant, but I relented, thinking that since he's still so little he wouldn't remember it and his grammie could have this one day.’
Each of a number of annual awards given by the American National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences for achievement in the record industry.
- ‘He's won the standard accolades - you know, Grammys, Hall of Fame, and just about everyone can name one of his songs.’
- ‘It's been 20 years since Hay's band won the Grammy award for Best New Artist, and he's kept busy since.’
- ‘He left the club in May last year to form his band Dirty Vegas and has just picked up a Grammy, the American music industry's equivalent of an Oscar.’
- ‘It also turns out it's the first time a recording financed for a commercial has been nominated for a Grammy.’
- ‘Picking up a Grammy last year for the Americana album of the year was recognition of successes he has achieved with his wife Julie.’
- ‘She won five, tying a record for most Grammys by a Female Writer.’
- ‘She has sold over 25 million records worldwide and won three Grammys.’
- ‘His 1982 album ‘Thriller’ won a record eight Grammies and is the best selling album of all time.’
- ‘Ruben is up for a Grammy.’
- ‘But the Grammys she won personally weren't the only awards Jones brought home for this album.’
- ‘Narrowly missing out on a Grammy award, Wait For Me doesn't sound too much like the blues I was brought up with.’
- ‘On top of their Grammy they've won three Great British Country Music Awards and two Dutch Country Music Awards.’
- ‘He recently won his fifth Grammy award following the release of Mambo Birdland.’
- ‘In February 1997, the album won a American Grammy Award as Best Musical Show Album.’
- ‘Short performed often at the White House and won three Grammys.’
- ‘These people will never win Emmys, Grammys, Oscars or knighthoods because their work fits outside of the acceptable social code.’
1950s: blend of gramophone and Emmy.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.