One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is part of a joint exhibition with the Painting Craft Teachers' Association and the wonderful pieces will be displayed alongside work by some of the country's best contemporary grainers and marblers.’
- ‘Those big 440 - grainers are a handful and I wasn't going to practice with them all afternoon.’
- ‘The latter may have been used as a hide grainer, but shovel damage prevents clear functional identification.’
- ‘‘My father was a painter and decorator and wood grainer,’ she said.’
- ‘When the same type of shot as the first presented itself, the .309 and 165 grainer did their job again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.