One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is part of a joint exhibition with the Painting Craft Teachers' Association and the wonderful pieces will be displayed alongside work by some of the country's best contemporary grainers and marblers.’
- ‘When the same type of shot as the first presented itself, the .309 and 165 grainer did their job again.’
- ‘‘My father was a painter and decorator and wood grainer,’ she said.’
- ‘Those big 440 - grainers are a handful and I wasn't going to practice with them all afternoon.’
- ‘The latter may have been used as a hide grainer, but shovel damage prevents clear functional identification.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.