One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A student engaged in a postgraduate course at a university who is paid to assist in teaching or research.‘she was a graduate assistant in the department of pathology’
- ‘I would go to class and work as a graduate assistant during the day and study and write papers until about 3 a.m.’
- ‘Position available: Centre College is seeking a graduate assistant in studio art.’
- ‘As a graduate assistant, Gretchen will assist with undergraduate television production classes.’
- ‘Faculty members said they would prefer to receive graduate assistant support as an incentive to completing distance education training.’
- ‘Garrett is a Ph.D. student and graduate assistant at American University's Center for Congressional and Presidential Studies.’
- ‘My special thanks go to Alan, who adapted to my efforts to stretch the duties of a graduate assistant with grace and ability.’
- ‘Many institutions have converted full-time appointments to positions held by part-time faculty or graduate assistants.’
- ‘These funds supplement the faculty member's salary or provide assistance for research, graduate assistants, scholarly travel or other purposes.’
- ‘The agreement followed a three-year fight by graduate assistants to secure recognition.’
- ‘She earned her M.S. degree from the University of Northern Iowa while serving as a graduate assistant athletic trainer for numerous teams.’
- ‘Still, many graduate assistants must work second jobs to support themselves and they claim health benefits are inadequate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.