One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of classifying or ranking something on a particular scale.‘there is no universal grading system for snakebites’
- ‘The Government is bringing in certain standards to these centres and a grading system, as seen in the hospitality industry.’
- ‘These questions are scored by using a standardised grading system.’
- ‘A "fair" grading system was found to be important to all students.’
- ‘There are some small differences, however, especially in the grading systems of various regions.’
- ‘We could develop a grading system with points based on technical merit and artistic interpretation for each task successfully completed.’
- ‘The work world has grading systems too, and you need to know about them in advance so you can prepare for Performance Reviews.’
- ‘Differences and shortcomings in these grading systems can be confusing and impede effective communication.’
- ‘The company evaluates its vendors based on a grading system, in which they are judged on service, quality assurance, and pricing standards.’
- ‘The results were then graded according to the grading system used in the U.S.’
- ‘These two reports highlight that there is no dependable grading system to tell us what type of new research findings will lead to better care of patients.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.