One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a courteous, kind, and pleasant manner.‘he smiled graciously’‘Helen graciously accepted the award’
- ‘You must accept her decision graciously.’
- ‘After riding through grim landscapes in wintry weather, on Christmas Eve Gawain comes upon a beautiful castle where he is graciously received.’
- ‘She speaks no English, but nonetheless welcomes Edna into her building openly and graciously after speaking with Robert.’
- ‘She has been exceedingly helpful throughout, making photographs available and graciously submitting to an interview.’
- ‘Liz graciously posed for pictures with my chiropractor and his wife.’
- ‘She had graciously accepted the fact she wasn't a leading lady anymore and worked hard to become a fine character actress.’
- ‘I had talked to Francis a couple of times over the years, and he always very graciously invited me to call him if I ever needed advice.’
- ‘He accepts Walter's decision as he accepts everything that life chucks at him - graciously, with a small, sad smile.’
- ‘Confident and highly motivated, she graciously shares her expertise with budding filmmakers.’
- ‘He graciously agreed to pick up my medication and bring it to my place of residence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.