One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a courteous, kind, and pleasant manner.‘he smiled graciously’‘Helen graciously accepted the award’
- ‘She speaks no English, but nonetheless welcomes Edna into her building openly and graciously after speaking with Robert.’
- ‘Liz graciously posed for pictures with my chiropractor and his wife.’
- ‘Confident and highly motivated, she graciously shares her expertise with budding filmmakers.’
- ‘I had talked to Francis a couple of times over the years, and he always very graciously invited me to call him if I ever needed advice.’
- ‘He accepts Walter's decision as he accepts everything that life chucks at him - graciously, with a small, sad smile.’
- ‘You must accept her decision graciously.’
- ‘She has been exceedingly helpful throughout, making photographs available and graciously submitting to an interview.’
- ‘He graciously agreed to pick up my medication and bring it to my place of residence.’
- ‘She had graciously accepted the fact she wasn't a leading lady anymore and worked hard to become a fine character actress.’
- ‘After riding through grim landscapes in wintry weather, on Christmas Eve Gawain comes upon a beautiful castle where he is graciously received.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.