One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rail for people to hold on to for support.‘patients may need grab rails or ramps fitted at home’
- ‘Grab rails on his front door were fitted while waiting for other work to be carried out.’
- ‘Styling at the tail is nothing out of the ordinary either though the tubular grab rail looks really outdated.’
- ‘The new model also gets a black passenger grab rail, revised seat and the same $7,999 price as a regular two-tone Bonneville.’
- ‘Lifts can be installed and they come equipped with floor-level showers and grab rails.’
- ‘She is stronger, able to stand using a grab rail, and her writing is all but fully restored.’
- ‘Small facilities like grab rails and support rails would be extremely comforting and ensure guidance when the impaired use the bathroom.’
- ‘We are visiting Victoria and require a handicap-accessible room which has a walk in shower and grab rails in the shower and bathroom.’
- ‘Moreover, a well appointed rear rack doubles up as a passenger grab rail.’
- ‘The company has developed proprietary products including boating mirrors and grab rails for motorboats.’
- ‘There are grab rails for both hands that are trimmed in leather.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.