One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rail for people to hold on to for support.‘patients may need grab rails or ramps fitted at home’
- ‘We are visiting Victoria and require a handicap-accessible room which has a walk in shower and grab rails in the shower and bathroom.’
- ‘The new model also gets a black passenger grab rail, revised seat and the same $7,999 price as a regular two-tone Bonneville.’
- ‘Moreover, a well appointed rear rack doubles up as a passenger grab rail.’
- ‘Lifts can be installed and they come equipped with floor-level showers and grab rails.’
- ‘The company has developed proprietary products including boating mirrors and grab rails for motorboats.’
- ‘There are grab rails for both hands that are trimmed in leather.’
- ‘Small facilities like grab rails and support rails would be extremely comforting and ensure guidance when the impaired use the bathroom.’
- ‘She is stronger, able to stand using a grab rail, and her writing is all but fully restored.’
- ‘Grab rails on his front door were fitted while waiting for other work to be carried out.’
- ‘Styling at the tail is nothing out of the ordinary either though the tubular grab rail looks really outdated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.