One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A handle for people to hold on to for support.‘there are four roof-mounted grab handles’
- ‘The higher-specification EX has an electrically heated windscreen, body-colour door handles, rear tailgate release, dashboard passenger grab handle, and remote central locking.’
- ‘I breathe a secret sigh of relief and recover my composure in the back seat, and release my grip on the grab handle.’
- ‘A physio suggested that a grab handle by the back door would be helpful.’
- ‘Real leather and wood span the top of the dashboard, and cowhide covers the overhead grab handles, too.’
- ‘On rough terrain, no fewer than eight grab handles are available to help passengers steady themselves.’
- ‘Internally, there are new door panels for front doors with superior grab handle design and a new charcoal colour finish for the centre dashboard controls.’
- ‘Silver stitching accents the leather steering wheel, door fabric, seats, grab handle, door pulls and dash vent rings.’
- ‘There are ample and well-placed grab handles for front and rear passengers.’
- ‘The uncomfortable passengers don't even score a decent sound system, door pockets, vanity mirror or any grab handles.’
- ‘The new car has set itself apart from the field with its front suspension and ergonomic sun top with integrated grab handles.’
- ‘With very few exceptions, all trains of this type have bench seating and large numbers of grab handles.’
- ‘Access to the cab is improved with a wider step and larger grab handles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.