One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A handle for people to hold on to for support.‘there are four roof-mounted grab handles’
- ‘With very few exceptions, all trains of this type have bench seating and large numbers of grab handles.’
- ‘The uncomfortable passengers don't even score a decent sound system, door pockets, vanity mirror or any grab handles.’
- ‘The higher-specification EX has an electrically heated windscreen, body-colour door handles, rear tailgate release, dashboard passenger grab handle, and remote central locking.’
- ‘I breathe a secret sigh of relief and recover my composure in the back seat, and release my grip on the grab handle.’
- ‘Access to the cab is improved with a wider step and larger grab handles.’
- ‘Silver stitching accents the leather steering wheel, door fabric, seats, grab handle, door pulls and dash vent rings.’
- ‘A physio suggested that a grab handle by the back door would be helpful.’
- ‘Real leather and wood span the top of the dashboard, and cowhide covers the overhead grab handles, too.’
- ‘The new car has set itself apart from the field with its front suspension and ergonomic sun top with integrated grab handles.’
- ‘There are ample and well-placed grab handles for front and rear passengers.’
- ‘Internally, there are new door panels for front doors with superior grab handle design and a new charcoal colour finish for the centre dashboard controls.’
- ‘On rough terrain, no fewer than eight grab handles are available to help passengers steady themselves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.