Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Have got a.‘I gotta licence’
- ‘She gotta nice voice.’
- ‘I gotta car.’
- 1.1 Have got to.‘you gotta be careful’
- ‘You gotta be weaponed to live and to survive in the Detroit underground.’
- ‘We gotta steal from each other so we can survive and feed our children.’
- ‘Seriously, you gotta love the bogans who plan to celebrate their lottery win with a meal of champagne and pizza.’
- ‘You gotta love a band who makes the too-cool-for-school indie kids jump up and down.’
- ‘I gotta confess that I was a little scared that I wasn't going to like Megadef as much as I wanted to.’
- ‘Yeah, it's true mate, you gotta be really careful of not only what you say but how you say it.’
- ‘Anyhow, I gotta go do my thing and get outta here… educating young minds today you know!’
- ‘So yea I gotta give everyone who helped out or offered to help madd love.’
- ‘Some are really low, like, it must be a trick, and some are really high, like, you gotta be kidding, man.’
- ‘We buy yours too, just that sometimes you gotta get away from the locals.’
- ‘Sometimes you hear it a lot; sometimes you gotta hear from a certain person.’
- ‘I promise, updates and funny quotes and such soon, just gotta get the school writing out of the way first.’
- ‘So July was a bit too relaxed on this blog, I gotta try to update a little more often!’
- ‘It's not really important for me to date anyone in my religion, but I gotta marry a Jew.’
- ‘You gotta love DC, where you always have to worry your best friend is wearing a wire.’
- ‘I gotta go to City Hall, but City Hall doesn't have it, the bank doesn't have it, nobody has it.’
- ‘Until then I gotta keep productive and continuing praying for our relocation to the NE.’
- ‘You gotta love a mix that includes confections from Kevin Yost, Miguel Migs and Sandy Rivera.’
- ‘It's not the same voice by any means, but you gotta wonder how they both made it with those rusty pipes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.