Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Have got a.‘I gotta licence’
- ‘She gotta nice voice.’
- ‘I gotta car.’
- 1.1Have got to.‘you gotta be careful’
- ‘I gotta go to City Hall, but City Hall doesn't have it, the bank doesn't have it, nobody has it.’
- ‘I promise, updates and funny quotes and such soon, just gotta get the school writing out of the way first.’
- ‘We gotta steal from each other so we can survive and feed our children.’
- ‘So July was a bit too relaxed on this blog, I gotta try to update a little more often!’
- ‘Yeah, it's true mate, you gotta be really careful of not only what you say but how you say it.’
- ‘Until then I gotta keep productive and continuing praying for our relocation to the NE.’
- ‘I gotta confess that I was a little scared that I wasn't going to like Megadef as much as I wanted to.’
- ‘We buy yours too, just that sometimes you gotta get away from the locals.’
- ‘You gotta be weaponed to live and to survive in the Detroit underground.’
- ‘So yea I gotta give everyone who helped out or offered to help madd love.’
- ‘You gotta love a band who makes the too-cool-for-school indie kids jump up and down.’
- ‘It's not really important for me to date anyone in my religion, but I gotta marry a Jew.’
- ‘You gotta love a mix that includes confections from Kevin Yost, Miguel Migs and Sandy Rivera.’
- ‘Seriously, you gotta love the bogans who plan to celebrate their lottery win with a meal of champagne and pizza.’
- ‘You gotta love DC, where you always have to worry your best friend is wearing a wire.’
- ‘Sometimes you hear it a lot; sometimes you gotta hear from a certain person.’
- ‘It's not the same voice by any means, but you gotta wonder how they both made it with those rusty pipes.’
- ‘Some are really low, like, it must be a trick, and some are really high, like, you gotta be kidding, man.’
- ‘Anyhow, I gotta go do my thing and get outta here… educating young minds today you know!’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.