One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘the Hollywood gossip mill has gone into overdrive this week with reports that one of its hottest couples are on the verge of splitting up’another term for rumour mill
- ‘The gossip mills have been fuelled since by the fact that he has not raced on the European Grand Prix circuit for three years.’
- ‘One can only imagine what it must have been like for her, having to be civil amid a group of Washington vipers eager for salacious titbits to grind on the gossip mill.’
- ‘She often kept the gossip mill busy with stories of her publicly fighting with her various husbands.’
- ‘Their breakup is gonna be enough to feed the gossip mills for months.’
- ‘Rumors were spread through the Westmoore gossip mill that the two were on intimate terms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.