One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Red meat (beef, lamb, or mutton)as modifier ‘gosht biryani’
- ‘But he chose the arken gosht, ‘an extremely hot dish’ from the hills of south east of Bangladesh.’
- ‘We continued with the Indian tradition of sharing what we'd ordered, which included the gosht shamnam, pot roasted lamb and mushrooms in a tomato and onion sauce flavoured with saffron and garam masala for €15.87.’
- ‘But the lamb khari gosht easily made up for it with thick, tender chunks of meat in a dark and rich sauce with big pieces of peppers and onion.’
- ‘For the main course we ordered the nalli gosht of slow roasted tender lamb shanks in a medium hot curry flavoured with the chef's creation of aromatic salts for €21.’
- ‘We had hash browns the next day for breakfast, dim sum for lunch, and chicken korma and saag gosht at our favourite Brick Lane eatery for dinner.’
From Urdu gośt.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.