One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The walk along the track is firstly through gorsy terrain, then it becomes easier (long pants are a good idea).’
- ‘But at last deep dreamless sleep came; her head, guarded by her bonnet, found a pillow against the gorsy wall.’
- ‘Where Lowell lived, this consisted of low-lying conifers, alders, and gorsy thicket.’
- ‘Brushwood Hill is the high, gorsy knoll of gravel against which Chester farmhouse is built.’
- ‘His claim that much of the land he manages is ‘typical farmland, gorsy scrubland and even old landfills ’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.