One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The report prattles on gormlessly.’
- ‘So look, I'm not making excuses or anything, but if it takes me a couple of seconds of staring at you gormlessly when we meet, it's not because I'm seven shades of stupid.’
- ‘It doesn't take a market analyst to surmise that our beer industry is in crisis and staring gormlessly at the bottom of an empty pint glass over what to do about it.’
- ‘Come on, smile, nod, don't look so gormlessly bored out of your skull.’
- ‘There in the middle of the ring, floodlit from above was Luigi, staring gormlessly down at the canvas, bereft of an opponent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.