One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Charlie wondered if the kid could deal with seeing victims who had been gorily injured.’
- ‘For much of the past 200 years, this former British penal colony has been a dumping ground for a nation's bad conscience about itself, and known gorily as a ‘hell on earth’.’
- ‘It is the sign of the Dead Man's Head, showing a gorily decomposing head.’
- ‘His ‘punk opera,’ on the other hand, is based on a real-life near-death experience brought about by a perineal abscess, and crammed with a surfeit of gorily realistic details.’
- ‘The screams of tormented toddlers rang out yesterday, as she droned gorily to a close.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.