One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic waterproof fabric permeable to air and water vapour, used in outdoor and sports clothing.
- ‘We tune skis, mend Gore-tex, modify toys, and attack piles of forgotten gear on total faith that it will snow before Christmas.’
- ‘I'd like one that is Gore-tex (or something equally as waterproof) and very warm, with few drafts at the seams and openings.’
- ‘I'm sure Gore-tex was never designed to cope with this fluidic onslaught.’
- ‘We had an entire case each of flippy skirts for the city but, although I'd spent days trying on Gore-tex anoraks and khaki quick-dry zip-off hiking trousers, I couldn't bring myself to buy them, instead stocking up on girly fleeces.’
- ‘‘We probably should have gone for the Gore-tex sooner as the cloud eventually saturated the windproofs,’ said C / Sgt Renny.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.