One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- old-fashioned spelling of Gurkha
- ‘In another temple, the doorman's attire resembles that of the present day Goorkhas.’
- ‘West of Nepal was a small clan, the Goorkhas, whose people were noted for their war-like daring.’
- ‘But the Regiment did not cheer with the Highlanders, nor did they dance uncouth dances with the Goorkhas among the dead.’
- ‘Gone are the days when it was only the Kukhri-wielding Nepali Goorkhas or security guards sporting big mustaches and guns who used to guard your homes and offices.’
- ‘The Sikkimputtee Rajah engages for himself and successors to abstain from any acts of aggression or hostility against the Goorkhas or any other State.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.