One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Equivalent to ten raised to the power of a hundred (10¹⁰⁰).
- ‘There is also a googolplex, which is 10 to the power of a googol.’
- ‘Even bigger than a googol, according to Kasner, is a googolplex, a 1 followed by a googol zeros.’
- ‘Just five years ago a googol was an obscure, unimaginable concept: the number one followed by 100 zeros.’
- ‘Then, maybe they notice that a googol plus one is also a number, and they realize that although the names for numbers run out, the numbers themselves never do.’
- ‘Steven J. Wilson's Integermania page has an incomplete set of solutions up to a googol, along with several related problems.’
1940s: said to have been coined by the nine-year-old nephew of E. Kasner (1878–1955), American mathematician, at Kasner's request.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.