One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Said to indicate that one has been asked a particularly tricky question to which one does not know the answer.‘What's it all about, then? Good question!’
- ‘We are a world game, and we're also the largest participation sport, so why aren't we successful? Well, good question.’
- ‘Are his controversial statements part of his fight to remain relevant? It's a good question and we want to hear from you.’
- ‘That's a good question, Fred, why now after 30 years.’
- ‘What will be the impact on those now nearing retirement age? Good question.’
- ‘How did we go from a $20 million budget being a lot to a $120 million budget being a lot? Good question.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.