One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Healthy and beneficial on an abstract or spiritual level.‘crying is good for the soul’
- ‘On more than one occasion I have been reliably informed that dancing is good for the soul.’
- ‘Confession is said to be good for the soul.’
- ‘I was talking to a friend on the phone about why art is good for the soul.’
- ‘I don't know how to say it without it sounding clichéd, but making people laugh is good for the soul.’
- ‘He showed us that it's good for the soul to take a break.’
- ‘A little suffering is good for the soul.’
- ‘She reckons work is good for the soul, but mostly it's necessary for the pocket.’
- ‘I truly believe pets are good for the soul.’
- ‘While forgiveness might be good for the soul, it needs both sides to proffer that olive branch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.